1 cup mixed nuts (I use hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds and Brazil nuts) – spread on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes at 180c. Chop roughly.
3/4 cup jumbo porridge oats
2/3 plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp water
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add some more water if the mixture seems very dry.
6 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/4 cup of apple (or any fruit) juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
Combine the ingredients.
1) Lay out the apple mixture in a large Pyrex dish (about 20cm diameter)
2) Spread the nut topping over the apples. You might need to use your fingers to spread it out evenly!
3) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 170c
4) Cover with tin foil and bake for a further 15 minutes
5) Serve with dairy free custard or ice cream